Sunday, December 16, 2007

An Unreasonable Man?


In case you missed it at the Detroit Film Theater earlier this year, PBS Channel 56 will be showing the film, 'An Unreasonable Man', a documentary about Ralph Nader on Tuesday evening at 10pm.

I'm reminded of my experience at the DFT showing. I was handing out Green Party flyers before the film and when I entered, I took a seat near the front of the theater, unable to locate Priscilla and Maureen who were saving a seat for me. It turned out I was a few rows in front of a clueless Democrat party apparatchik who made illogical and false claims about Nader. I tried to keep my mouth shut but let out a few 'told you so's' when the film debunked his remarks. At the end of the film he made a statement about Nader not having any foreign policy positions. Well, Ralph himself was at the screening and took some questions from the audience. The first question was on the Middle East. Nader made a extensive analysis of the situation and US involvement in support of Israel. When he was finished, I turned and remarked 'how's that for foreign policy?' All I got in return was an insult to my emotional intelligence. Go figure.

See the film, I give it a thumbs up!

No comments: